The Little Falls Schools conduct a mandatory "ABSENCE VERIFICATION PROGRAM" designed to make it more efficient and easier to report your child's absence. This program provides a dedicated telephone line in each school that is available for your use twenty-four hours a day.
In order to facilitate this process, cooperation between the school Absence Verification Officers and parents is necessary. The safety benefit of the program will be lost if parents do not follow the guidelines and call us at the appropriate time. This program is not a truancy program. It is a safety procedure and we urge all parents to give us their cooperation by making the calls promptly and conscientiously. For your convenience, I am providing you with the guidelines for our Absence Verification Program as noted below. Please keep these instructions and telephone numbers for future reference.
LITTLE FALLS SCHOOLS ABSENCE VERIFICATION PROGRAM GUIDELINES
1. The Absence Verification Program call numbers are noted below:
School #1 - 973-256-1033
School #2 - 973-256-1386
School #3 - 973-812-9512
*Please note these numbers are the school's telephone numbers. Please follow the prompt messages.
The voice mail system will be in operation twenty-four hours a day. If your child/children will be absent on the next day of school, call the absence verification number and report the following information in the order in which it is given below. Parents are requested to call before 8:30 a.m.:
When you call you will hear a voice that will say: "Absence Verification Program."
After the beep, please state:
b. Child's first and last name
c. Duration of absence
d. Reason for absence, date(s) of absence
2. In the case of a multiple absence that continues beyond the dates that you have given, you should call the absence verification number for your child's school and report the continuation of the absence. A note is still required upon return of your child to school as an attendance verification. Please be reminded that messages must be from the parent or legal guardian, as student messages continue to be unacceptable.
Do not leave any other message on the voice mail. If you have not called and your child is absent, Mrs. Abboud, Mrs. O'Jeda, or Mrs. Hamilton, our Absence Verification Officers, will then call you at home or business to verify the absence. We will continue to call until 10:00 a.m. If we cannot verify the whereabouts of your child by this time, we will telephone the Little Falls Police Department to report that your child is missing and ask them to investigate.
The success of the program depends on your cooperation. Thanks again.
Mrs. Tracey Marinelli
Superintendent of Schools
- Superintendent's Office
- Superintendent's Holiday Letters
- COVID-19 Updates
- District Emergency Virtual Instruction Program
- Title IX Statement of Non-Discrimination
- Absence Verification
- Awards & Recognitions
- Budget Information
- Business Office
- Chain of Command
- Designation of School Safety Specialist
- Employment Opportunities
- Food Service
- Goals & Objectives
- HIB Information
- Lead Testing Results
- NJ School Performance Reports
- School Closings
- Standardized Assessments
32 Stevens Avenue
Little Falls, NJ 07424
HIB Specialist School No. 1
HIB Specialist School No. 2
HIB Specialist School No. 3